Location: Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Built: 15th century.
Ownership / Access: --
Notes: Ravenscraig Castle, also known as the Craig of Inverugie, is a grade B listed ruined 15th-century L-shaped tower house north-west of Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The castle was the seat of the barony of Torthorston, held by the Cheynes family, and passed to the Keiths in the mid-14th century. A licence was granted to build a new castle in May 1491, with the castle built on the banks of the Ugie and defended by a moat. King James VI of Scotland visited the castle in 1589.
Ravenscraig Castle Links:Ravenscraig Castle On Wikipedia