Location: County Westmeath, Ireland.
Condition: Castle Ruin.
Ownership / Access: --
Notes: Delvin Castle (or Nugent Castle), now a ruin, was built in 1181 by Hugh de Lacy, Lord of Meath for his brother-in-law, Gilbert de Nugent. De Nugent came to Ireland with de Lacy in 1171 and settled on some land in Delvin. De Nugent was granted the title Baron of Delvin within the Lordship of Meath, a title now held by the Earl of Westmeath. The ruins of Nugent Castle remain near the center of the town. A second castle was built several centuries later, hundreds of metres from the centre of the Delvin settlement of that time.[
Nugent Castle Links:Nugent Castle On Wikipedia
Delvin Village website