Château de Wodémont
Location: Dalhem, Belgium.
Built: 11th-12th century.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: Now used as a private residence.
Notes: Château de Wodémont or Walberg Castle is a fortified house immediately east of the Belgian village of Mortroux within the municipality of Dalhem. It is now used as a private residence. The Château de Wodémont lies at the top of an incline and is close to the Berwinne, lying just to the south of the river.The old tower dates from the 11th or 12th century and a Latin document from 1143 mentions the tower using the name of Waldemonte. A southern wing was added to the tower in the 17th century while the eastern wing was added in 1860. In 1513, on the death of John of Neufchâteau, the manor and Château de Wodémont passed to Balthasar van Moir Walde. During the Second World War, the Château was occupied by the Germans and then subsequently by the Americans during the Battle of the Bulge.
Château de Wodémont Links:Château de Wodémont On Wikipedia